Candidate Name: Vincent Ory
Office Seeking: City Council
Campaign Website: Coming Soon
Subdivision/Neighborhood: Historic District
Occupation and/or Professional Training: Business Owner Ory Realty – extensive training in finance and accounting.
How long in years have you been a Naperville resident? 76 Years
Service on Boards, Commissions, Task Forces, etc. with dates served (nonprofit too):
Original organizers of the Historic District – Chairman of the Historic Sites Commission 1990 to 1995
The following answers have only been edited for formatting purposes.
1. Why are you running for City Council?
Serve the community with my extensive knowledge and experience.
2. What is Naperville’s most pressing need?
Transparency in our political system.
3. In your opinion, what’s the City’s most important private/public partnership?
All preservation groups and especially Naper Settlement.
4. Name three policies that need review or immediate attention.
Transparency in all private and public institutions.
5. How often are you in touch with members of the current Naperville City Council of City Staff?
6. What planned development will have the greatest impact on the City?
The Historic District: Heritage Place
7. What up-and-coming development is most important to the City of Naperville?
Naperville Development Partnership.
8. How often do you patronize Naperville restaurants?
9. When folks come to visit, where do you take them in Naperville?
10. How has the Special Events and Cultural Amenities (SECA) Fund served the City of Naperville?
I don’t think it serves the community as well as it could.
11. When was the last time you read the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights?
Last year, and I don’t think we abided by it very well.
12. What do you think is significant about Naperville’s council-manager form of government?
13. What is a recent book, television program, or movie you have read/watched that you think everyone should read/watch to gain perspective on life?
CASTE by Isabel Wilkerson – This book made me realize where I fall in Naperville’s Social Structure – Not a pleasant spot to be in right now!
Anything else would you like to add?